For Valentine’s Day, be inspired by coming together, combining colors and working as a team to create these wonderful Stained Glass Hearts.
- Peel the paper off the crayons and sharpen them over a piece of wax paper.
- Then, place another sheet over the shavings.
- Be mindful of the heat as you iron the paper at the lowest setting until the shavings have melted.
- Let cool. Draw a heart on the wax paper and cut it out.
- Punch a hole and tie a ribbon at the top so you can hang it in the window.
Walk together around your home and place the hearts in the windows. Talk about the lovely things in each room. Talk about who you love and why. Listen to each other’s stories.
This project will not only inspire creativity, but it can also serve as a gateway to emotional quality of life and a beautiful opportunity for relationship building and memory making.
Happy Valentine’s Day from The Hummingbird Project!