The Hummingbird Project is implementing virtual and remote activity sessions to mitigate the negative impact of social isolation on older adults, especially for those with behavioral expression of unmet needs who are struggling. We are eager to use our creativity to help support your client and/or loved ones and enhance quality of life during this difficult time! As such, we are offering reduced rate options and easy to initiate services for remote activity sessions. We look forward to being of service during this time of crisis when compassion, therapeutic support, engagement and joy are needed more than ever! To initiate services, please contact Tiffany Paige Ramirez at firstname.lastname@example.org or 916-990-7944.
Sessions can be conducted in a number of unique and creative ways:
- Virtual Video Conferencing: Using Zoom, Facetime, etc. we can offer popular activities such as guided virtual museum tours, intellectual stimulation, live musical concerts, art lessons, and more. Let’s bring Hummingbird magic into the home of isolated seniors across the nation!
- Phone Programming: We are pleased to provide the same quality of life activities usually presented in person. This might include legacy projects, oral history projects, lifelong learning, gratitude, spiritual devotion, verbal brain games, storytelling, and much more.
- Mail Order Activity Kits: Kit activities come with detailed instructions and engaging materials, so your client or loved one can feel confident as they begin exploring new experiences at the time and pace that works for them.
- Social Isolation Activity Plans: We recommend the creation of a social isolation activity plan for each person, which will include a schedule of activities, ideas, and ways to stay connected based on the individual’s life story and interests. We can create and send you this, and you or a family member can then implement as needed.
- Joyful Moments: Quality of life activities like those you’ll find in Joyful Moments therapeutic activity cards help reconnect older adults to what brings them purpose, joy, and meaning in life. You’ll find step-by-step instructions and suggested adaptations for activities that cover all seven domains of quality of life: Physical, Spiritual, Intellectual, Creative, Vocational, Emotional and Environmental. Available online for $24.95 + shipping. Includes a 30 minute complimentary consultation and free tips and tricks handout on how to get started! Click here to order today!
Director of The Hummingbird Project