For Father’s Day, create joyful moments with photos, films and laughter!
Laughter is one of the best emotional gifts we can give. Laughter boosts the immune system, decreases stress hormones and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies, thus improving resistance to disease. Laughter triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural feel-good chemicals.
Enjoy a few funny quotes and jokes to get warmed up, then share some of your favorite “Dad Stories” as a way to connect and celebrate!
- The worst thing that can happen to a man is his wife comes home and he has lost the child. “How did everything go?” “Great, we’re playing hide and seek and he’s winning.” ~ Sinbad
- You can tell what was the best year of your father’s life, because he seems to freeze that clothing style and ride it out. ~ Jerry Seinfeld
- Dad taught me everything I know. Unfortunately, he didn’t teach me everything he knows.~ Al Unser
- “Dad, are bugs good to eat?” asked the boy. “Let’s not talk about such things at the dinner table, son,” his father replied. After dinner the father inquired, “Now, son, what did you want to ask me?” “Oh, nothing,” the boy said. “There was a bug in your soup, but now it’s gone.” Mark Y.
- While having their evening dinner together, a little girl looked up at her father and asked, “Daddy, you’re the boss in our family, right?” The father was very pleased to hear it and confidently replied, “Yes, my little princess.” The girl then continued, “That’s because mommy put you in charge, right?” ~ Author Unknown
A great movie and popcorn is a great way to celebrate with the whole family. These films have strong father/child themes:
Father of the Bride (1950 or 1991)
Field of Dreams (1989)
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989)
And lastly, sharing old favorite photos of your dad is always a priceless way to create emotional connections.
Enjoy and Happy Father’s Day!