https://hummingbirdproject.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/b8533163ae2681e922881f9a39627e37.jpg 750 750 tiffany https://hummingbirdproject.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/hummingbird-logo-june.png tiffany2018-03-27 08:19:152018-03-27 08:19:15Celebrate with Sweet Easter Nests
These Easter treats offer a number of ways to bring quality of life into the holiday!
- Start with an outing to gather the fun and tasty ingredients. Invite friends and family members.
- Review the recipe below and break it into sections that your activity partners can successful accomplish. This supports confidence and encourages creativity.
- To create a nurturing social experience, invite your care partners to share how they enjoyed each task and talk about the colors and textures and tastes of the ingredients.
- By discussing that tradition of Easter and how your activity partners likes to celebrate the holiday will also support their spiritual life and open opportunities to connect emotionally.
From The Hummingbird Project, we hope you have a beautiful holiday, full of sweetness and joy!
- 1 10 oz bag of marshmallows
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 6 cups of crisp rice (or rice krispies)
- 1 cup shredded coconut or edible grass
- Jelly Beans or Robins Egg Candies
- Green food coloring
- Melt the butter over medium heat and stir in the marshmallows. Continue stirring until completely melted. Pour the mixture over the crisp rice cereal and stir until well combined.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and shape the nests. Also spray a spoon and use it to help make the indents.
- Place the coconut grass in a small bowl, add a few drops of green food coloring and stir until fully covered. Or break up Edible grass into small pieces and place in a bowl.
- Let the rice krispies cool in the pan, pull them out, and decorate! Use either edible Easter grass or the green coconut shreds, placed it in the nest and fill the nest with the eggs.
- Share and enjoy!